Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Yield: 36 two-inch cookies Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F10 hrs 12 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside. In mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in yolks and vanilla. Add flour mixture and combine. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, chill 1 hour.
2. Roll dough to 3/8 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut as desired. (Dough scraps can be re-rolled up to 2 times.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies can be stored airtight for up to 5 days. Makes 36 two-inch cookies.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!