Dark Fudgy Brownies
Yield: 1 dozen Prep 20 mins Cool 15 mins Bake 350°F 21 mins
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot water
- 1 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil. Coat with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Combine water and coffee in small cup, stirring to dissolve coffee. Sift sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Combine chocolate, oil, and butter in medium saucepan; cook, stirring, over very low heat just until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, vanilla, and dissolved coffee. Stir in egg whites. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 21 to 25 minutes or until top is almost firm. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Lift brownies and foil from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Peel off foil. Cut into 12 bars. Makes 1 dozen.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!