Hazelnut Sacher Brownies
Yield: 6 dozen Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins Stand 30 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped fine
- 1 12 ounce jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate squares, melted
- 2 ounces white chocolate squares, melted
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with foil. Beat 1 cup butter and confectioners' sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the 1-3/4 cups flour and nuts. Spread in pan. Bake 25 minutes.Make Filling::
2. Puree preservatives in food processor until smooth. Spread over Crust. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
3. Melt 1 cup butter with unsweetened chocolate over low heat in saucepan. Cool 10 minutes. Beat eggs, granulated sugar, and salt in large bowl with electric mixer until ribbon forms when beaters are lifted. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in the 1 cup flour. Pour over preserves. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into filling comes out barely clean. Cool in pan on rack.
4. Lift out of pan; peel foil from sides. Spread top with semisweet chocolate. Let stand until set. Spoon white chocolate into plastic storage bag; snip off 1 corner and drizzle over brownies. Cut into 2x1-inch bars. Makes 6 dozen.
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!