Holiday Mincemeat Cookies with Coffee Frosting
Yield: about 8 dozen cookies Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 10 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 1 pound box confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 96 pecan halves, toasted
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. For dough, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until combined. Stir in mincemeat until well mixed.
3. Fill a measure tablespoon with dough. Arrange dough on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, for coffee frosting beat together confectioners sugar, coffee, and melted butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
5. Spread a rounded measure teaspoon of frosting on top of each cooled cookie. Top each cookie with 1 pecan half. Makes about 8 dozen cookies.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!