Honey Crisp Tuile
Yield: 16 tuiles Prep 45 mins Stand 1 hr Bake 325°F 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1. Heat oven to 325 degree F. Grease a large cookie sheet. Beat butter and honey in small bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg white. Add flour and confectioners' sugar until combined. Let stand 1 hour.
2. Drop 1 heaping teaspoon of batter at one end of prepared cookie sheet. With small metal spatula, spread batter to a 3-1/2-inch-wide circle. Spread another heaping teaspoon of batter at other end of cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. With wide spatula, immediately drape one cookie over rolling pin or side of wine bottle. Repeat process with the other cookie. Cool cookies and cookie sheet completely. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing cookie sheet for each batch. Makes 16 tuiles.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare batter. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Or, prepare and bake cookies. Store tuiles in airtight container overnight.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet