Merry Mocha Cookies
Yield: 40 cookies Prep 40 mins Start to Finish 2 hrs
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- White nonpareil sprinkles
1. In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, espresso and cinnamon; blend until just combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
2. Transfer dough to a square of parchment, form into a log 2 inches in diameter and roll tightly in parchment. Refrigerate until solid, about 1 hr, rotating ever 20 min to maintain shape.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place sprinkles in a rimmed pan and roll log in sprinkles until coated well. Slice log into rounds that are slightly less than 1/4 inch thick. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
4. Bake until cookies are set and there is slight resistance when you lightly touch centers, 9 to 10 min. Allow to cool completely on the parchment. Store airtight up to 1 week. Makes 40 cookies.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- vit. A(IU)97,
- vit. C(mg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet