Yield: 4 dozen Prep 20 mins Bake 325°F 14 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 hard-cooked large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sprinkles, for decoration
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in both raw and hard-cooked egg yolks, almonds, almond extract, orange peel and anise seeds. Gradually beat in flour.
2. Shape dough into 48 balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten each into a 1-1/2-inch round.
3. Pinch center of each to shape into a hat crown. Decorate hat rims with sprinkles. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on wire racks. Makes 4 dozen.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare cookies. Freeze in airtight containers up to 1 month.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet