Pellegrini Anisette Biscotti
Yield: 4-1/2 dozen biscotti Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins Stand 1 hr
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutions), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons anisette liqueur
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour a large cookie sheet. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add dry ingredients until blended; add anise seed, almonds, and liqueur.
2. Divide dough in half. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Shape each half into 14-inch rope. Flatten slightly, to 3/4 inch thick. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden.
3. Carefully transfer strips to large cutting board. With serrated knife, cut each strip into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on clean cookie sheet; return to oven. Turn oven off; let cookies dry 1 hour. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack. Makes 4-1/2 dozen biscotti.
Make Ahead TipMake-Ahead Tip:
- Prepare biscotti. Freeze in airtight containers up to 1 month.
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!