Yield: about 2 dozen cookies Prep 30 mins plus standing Bake 350°F 10 mins to 12 mins per batch plus cooling
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large vanilla bean, split, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 - 5 tablespoons hot water
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Scrape out seeds from vanilla bean. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla seeds (or vanilla extract if using) in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended. Spoon dough into a large pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip. Pipe dough into 2-1/2-inch-wide circles 1 inch apart on 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until cookies are golden brown at edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk confectioners sugar and enough hot water to make a thin glaze. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over a piece of waxed paper. Immediately brush hot cookies with glaze. Let stand 30 minutes until glaze sets. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!