Fill chocolate cupcakes with chocolate pudding and add a conversation heart to make this kid-friendly dessert.
Yield: 12 valentines
- 12 standard Rich Chocolate Cupcakes (see Recipe Center)
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate pudding or whipped cream
- 12 candy hearts with messages
- 3 cups Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (see Recipe Center)
- 1 4 1/4ounce tube red Decorating Icing fitted with #16 star tip
- 72 heart-shaped red and pink candies
1. Cut off top (dome) of each cupcake. Scoop out 1 scant tablespoon of cake from center of each bottom. Fill each with about 1/2 tablespoon pudding. Place a candy heart in center and cover with cupcake top.
2. Frost cupcakes. Using icing, pipe a heart on each cupcake. Press red ad pink candies into frosting around cupcake edge. Makes 12 valentines.