Black Cat Cupcakes
Yield: 12 cupcakes Prep 45 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 30 mins
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe below)
- 24 small yellow gumdrops
- Black licorice laces
- 12 standard-size cupcakes
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 24 chocolate Candy Melts or chocolate coating dots
1. Fit a piping bag with a #4 plain tip and fill with 1/4 cup frosting; set aside. To make eyes, cut an 1/8-inch thick slice off the larger end of each gumdrop; add a small piece of licorice lace to the cut side of each slice. For ears, cut chocolate coating dots into triangle shapes with a paring knife. Cut licorice laces into 1-1/2- to 2-inch lengths for whiskers.
2. Frost cupcakes; coat generously with chocolate sprinkles. Insert ears into the icing of each cupcake, add whiskers and eyes and pipe a frosting nose. Makes 12 cupcakes.
- Fat, total(g)26,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Monosaturated fat(g)5,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)3,
- vit. A(IU)583,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 4 cups (1 lb) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 - 4 tablespoons milk
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy, about 2 min. Stir in cocoa. Add confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well. Beat in vanilla extract and milk and stir until smooth. Can be refrigerated up to one week; bring to room temperature and stir before using. Makes 3 cups.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!