Decorate the tops of chocolate cupcakes to look like a coffee drink by using whipped cream and cocoa powder. You can add a pretzel to look like a cup handle.
Yield: 12 cappuccinos
- 12 standard Rich Chocolate Cupcakes (see Recipe Center)
- 2 cups heavy cream, beaten to medium-stiff peaks with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for whipped cream
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 12 chocolate-covered pretzels
- 1 4 1/4ounce tube chocolate Decorating Icing fitted with #5 plain tip
1. Using 1 piece of heavy paper, cut to fit over tops of cupcakes, cut out a heart shape in center. Top each cupcake with whipped cream. Hold paper cutout over cupcakes and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Using a paring knife, gently cut pretzels in half down center. Coat broken edge of each pretzel half with icing and attach to side of each cupcake, for handles. Makes 12 cappuccinos.