Yield: 18 cupcakes Prep 1 hr Start to Finish 1 hr
- 18 standard-size cupcakes
- 1 16 ounce container chocolate frosting, or homemade chocolate frosting
- 1 1 1/2pound package white fondant
- 18 sphere lollipops, such as Dum Dums
- 1 tube black decorating icing
1. Frost cupcakes and set aside. Lightly dust work surface with cornstarch and roll fondant a little thinner than 18 1-1/2-inch rounds and 18 4-inch rounds with cookie cutters. Knead scraps together and reroll, as necessary.
2. Insert the stick of a lollipop into a block of Styrofoam (or half a potato or apple) to hold it steady. Place one 1-1/2--nch fondant round over lollipop and pinch to close. Then place larger fondant round over the smaller one, pleating to make a ghost shape. Repeat for all lollipops. Place a ghost in the center of each cupcake by inserting the stick into the cake. Pipe black eyes on each. Makes 18 cupcakes.