- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground allspice
- 3 pounds tart green apples, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats (not instant)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon, and allspice in a bowl. Cut apples with an apple slicer (or core apples and cut into eighths). Add apples and lemon juice to sugar-spice mixture; toss. Spoon into prepared dish
3. Combine flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in oats. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit to cover (it will be a generous layer).
4. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 25 to 30 minutes more, until top is golden and fruit is bubbly. (If topping browns too quickly while baking, cover loosely with foil.) Cool crisp on wire rack 15 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet