- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (7 oz. each) baking apples, cored
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup apple juice
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
2. Peel apples, leaving a 1-inch wide band of peel around the center of each. Arrange apples in a 9-inch square baking dish. Fill each cavity with 1 teaspoon each butter and cinnamon-sugar. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
3. Add apple juice to bottom of dish. Cover dish with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and spoon the apple juice over apples; bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until tender.
4. Spoon apples and apple juice on each of 4 serving plates. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet