Baked Peaches with Cream
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz. each) peach halves in heavy syrup, well drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
1. Heat broiler. Coat the bottom of a shallow baking pan with butter.
2. Pat peach halves dry with paper towels; arrange cut side down in prepared pan, then sprinkle tops with sugar. Broil peaches 5 inches from heat source 8 to 10 minutes, until edges of fruit are browned.
3. Meanwhile, combine cream and vanilla in 1-cup glass measure.
4. Remove peaches from broiler; pour cream mixture into dish. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degree F. Bake peaches 12 to 15 minutes, until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet