Berry Parfaits with Gingered Whipped Cream
- 7 1/2 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
1. Gently stir together berries with granulated sugar and lime juice in a large bowl. Transfer 1 cup of berry mixture to a small bowl and mash with a fork until coarsely crushed. Fold mashed berries into remaining berry mixture and let stand for at least 20 minutes.
2. Beat cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer just until soft peaks form. Fold in confectioners' sugar and gingerroot until just combined.
3. Alternate berry mixture with whipped cream in eight 1-cup parfait glasses. Serve immediately.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet