- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise in half
- 1 strawberries, sliced
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounce (1 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream, beaten until stiff
- 1 1/2 3 ounce packages ladyfingers
- 6 whole strawberries, for garnish
1. Bring rhubarb, 3/4 cup of the sugar and half of the split vanilla bean to boil, stirring, in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until rhubarb softens. Transfer to bowl. Remove vanilla bean half. With small knife, scrape out seeds. Stir seeds and strawberries into rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cold.
2. Meanwhile, combine yolks, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining half of vanilla bean and 1/4 cup water in large stainless-steel bowl. Place bowl over large saucepan with 1 inch of gently simmering water. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove bowl from water and whisk until cool. Remove vanilla bean half; scrape out seeds into egg yolk mixture and whisk in mascarpone. Gently fold in whipped cream.
3. Arrange half the ladyfingers in bottom of a 1-1/2- to 2-quart serving dish. Spread with half the fruit mixture. Cover with half the cream mixture. Repeat layering, ending with cream mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries, if desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare this dessert as directed above. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)29,
- sat. fat(g)18,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet