- 1 1/2 pounds fresh red or white sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (cherry-flavored brandy)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine cherries, blackberries, 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar and the kirsch in a large bowl. Transfer to a shallow 6-cup baking dish. Bake until fruit is hot and steamy, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour fruit through a large strainer over a bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice. Return fruit to baking dish. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, beat eggs in large mixer bowl on medium-high speed, until foamy, 2 minutes. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the creme fraiche, milk, flour and the reserved 2 tablespoons fruit juice until well blended. Pour batter over fruit. Bake until filling is set and top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack until warm. Dust top with confectioners sugar. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!