Frozen Mascarpone Mousse
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 3 inch piece vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Combine sugar, water, and lemon juice in small saucepan; bring to boil over high heat and boil until temperature reaches 238 degree F (soft-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, 11 to 14 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for meringue, beat egg whites in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer to soft peaks. Increase speed to high; gradually beat in hot syrup in a slow steady stream. Continue to beat until meringue cools to room temperature, about 6 minutes.
3. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into large bowl; discard bean. Whisk in mascarpone, cream, and cinnamon to combine. Gently fold in meringue.
4. Spoon mousse into twelve 5-ounce paper or plastic cups. Tap gently to remove air bubbles. Freeze mousse 4 hours or until solid. Peel cup away from each mousse. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare mouse. Wrap cups in plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 week.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!