The melted white and dark chocolates make a dazzling "marble" design on these fresh strawberries. Serve them for a light dessert or as a sweet appetizer at a party.
Yield: about 28 strawberries Prep 45 mins
- 11 ounces white chocolate squares, melted
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate squares, melted
- 1 quart large fresh strawberries (about 28), wiped with a damp paper towel
1. Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. Pour white chocolate into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Pour semisweet chocolate into a bowl.
2. Dip a spoon into the semisweet chocolate, then drizzle parallel lines of about 3/4 inch apart onto white chocolate in pie plate. Set aside remaining semisweet chocolate.
3. Make sure strawberries are completely dry. Holding one strawberry by its hull, dip strawberry into both chocolates, pressing opposite sides of strawberry across dark and white lines to form 2 marbleized flower petals. Lift strawberry and jiggle gently to drain off excess chocolate. Place strawberry on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat process with remaining strawberries and chocolates and arrange 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Periodically drizzle more lines of semisweet chocolate across white chocolate. (If white chocolate starts to harden, microwave on Medium for 30 seconds or just until softened; do not stir.)
4. Refrigerate strawberries until chocolate is firm, about 5 minutes. Makes about 28 strawberries.
Make Ahead Tip
- Strawberries can be made ahead. Loosely cover coated strawberries and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet