- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cantaloupe or orange-fleshed honeydew, peeled and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon balls
- 1 cup diced honeydew or Galia melon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1 minute. Pour sugar syrup into a 1-cup glass measure; refrigerate 1 hour or until cold, or chill up to 2 days.
2. Arrange cantaloupe wedges on 4 plates. Divide and top with watermelon balls and diced honeydew. Stir lime peel and juice into sugar syrup. Drizzle syrup over melons then sprinkle with ginger, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!