Yield: 8 cups Prep 20 mins Freeze 40 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and pureed
- 2 cups raspberries, pureed and strained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Combine sugar and water in saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Stir fruit puree and lemon juice into syrup. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Makes 8 cups (sixteen 1/2-cup servings).
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare ice mixture. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Freeze as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 16
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet