Sweet Ricotta Puffs with Peaches
- 6 large ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup vin santo wine or sweet sherry
- 2 - 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 15 ounce container whole-milk ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Peel and pit peaches. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Combine in large bowl with wine and 2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
2. For the sweet ricotta puffs, whisk ricotta, eggs, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, orange peel, flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Line a large cookie sheet with a double thickness of paper towels. Heat oven to warm or lowest setting.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, about 9 minutes. (Drop a small bit of dough into oil; if it starts to bubble immediately, the oil is ready for frying. Discard bit of dough.) Drop six pieces of dough by level tablespoons, scraping with small spatula or another spoon, into hot oil. Fry 40 to 60 seconds per side, until golden and puffed. Transfer fritters with slotted spoon to prepared cookie sheet. Turn oven off. Place fritters in oven and repeat process with remaining dough.
4. Sprinkle fritters with confectioners' sugar. Arrange 4 on each of 10 shallow dessert plates. Divide and serve with peaches. Garnish with mint and serve immediately. Makes 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!