Hot Spiced Cranberry-Apple Cider
Black peppercorns and cardamon pods balance out the sweet flavors in this hot holiday drink.
- 3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/4inch slices peeled fresh ginger
- 5 cardamom pods
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 4 inch strips fresh orange peel, plus 4 orange slices for garnish
- 5 whole cloves, plus additional for studding orange slices
1. Combine all ingredients except garnish in a medium saucepan and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a heatproof pitcher. Pour into heatproof glasses. Makes 4 servings.