Lambrusco Rhubarb Cocktails
Kitchen cue: The tart rhubarb syrup is the perfect complement to the sweet red sparkling wine in Lambrusco Rhubarb Cocktails
- 5 cups (20 oz.) frozen cut rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar plus additional for rimming glasses
- 2 cups water
- 1 milliliter bottle (750 ml) Lambrusco sparkling wine, chilled
- Frozen skewered small red seedless grapes for garnish
1. Bring rhubarb, sugar, and water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Simmer mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, pressing on solids before discarding them, and let cool.
2. Rub rims of champagne flutes with a finder dipped in water. Dip rims into a shallow bowl of sugar until just coated.
3. Rub rims of champagne flutes with a finger dipped in water. Dip rims into a shallow bowl of sugar until just coated.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup of rhubarb syrup into each of four flutes and top with about 6 ounces Lambrusco. Garnish with grapes, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet