Lambrusco Rhubarb Cocktails
- 5 cups (20 oz.) frozen cut rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar plus additional for rimming glasses
- 2 cups water
- 1 milliliter bottle (750 ml) Lambrusco sparkling wine, chilled
- Frozen skewered small red seedless grapes for garnish
1. Bring rhubarb, sugar, and water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Simmer mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, pressing on solids before discarding them, and let cool.
2. Rub rims of champagne flutes with a finder dipped in water. Dip rims into a shallow bowl of sugar until just coated.
3. Rub rims of champagne flutes with a finger dipped in water. Dip rims into a shallow bowl of sugar until just coated.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup of rhubarb syrup into each of four flutes and top with about 6 ounces Lambrusco. Garnish with grapes, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!