Yield: 8 cups Prep 20 mins Chill 2 hrs Freeze 8 hrs Stand 10 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cactus pears, peeled and quartered, or 1 cup frozen cranberry concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chilled tequila, divided
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau, divided
1. For the sugar syrup, bring sugar and water to boil in saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Puree cactus pears in blender. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard seeds (or cranberry concentrate into bowl). Stir in lime juice and sugar syrup. Divide mixture between two containers with tight-fitting lids. Cover and freeze overnight.
3. Let puree stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes, until slightly softened.
4. Chop 1 cup of ice in blender until well crushed. Add 1 container of cactus pear puree, 3/4 cup tequila, and 2 tablespoons Cointreau. Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glasses. Repeat. Makes 8 cups.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!