- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups trimmed packed fresh spinach
- 1 container (15 oz.) light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted and all liquid is evaporated, 3 minutes. Cool. Combine remaining filling ingredients in large bowl. Stir in spinach. Makes 3 cups.
2. Heat oven to 425 degree F. Divide dough into quarters. Roll each quarter into an 8-inch circle. Spoon one quarter of the filling onto one half of each circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Moisten edge of circle; fold unfilled half over filling and press edges of dough with tines of fork to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare and bake calzones. Cool. Wrap individually and refrigerate up to 2 days. To reheat, unwrap and microwave on 50 percent power (Medium) 3 to 4 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet