Chopped Egg Salad on Raisin-Nut Toasts
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon jarred capers, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 16 mini slices crusty raisin-walnut bread, toasted
DirectionsMake egg salad::
1. Place eggs in a heavy 2-quart saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch and bring just to a simmer, uncovered, over moderately high heat. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 16 minutes; drain. Run cold water over eggs in pan, shaking to break shells, until cool. Add ice cubes (this will cause shells to contract to ease peeling) and let stand 3 minutes. Peel eggs and transfer to a bowl.
2. Using a fork, coarsely chop eggs, then stir in mayonnaise, fresh chives, capers, and sweet pickle relish; salt and pepper to taste. Mound egg salad on toasts and serve. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!