Bananas Foster French Toast
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 slices challah or brioche bread, 3/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1. Combine eggs, cream, and vanilla in large, shallow bowl. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, then sprinkle slices on both sides with 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon-sugar (reserve remaining cinnamon-sugar).
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet. Add bread in batches and cook until golden brown, 1-1/2 minutes per side, using additional 2 teaspoons oil as necessary. Transfer to plates and keep warm.
3. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to skillet. Toss bananas with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Add bananas to skillet and cook, stirring, over high heat until they begin to caramelize, 2 minutes. Add water and cook until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour over French toast and sift confectioners sugar on top. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)31,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet