French Toast Fondue
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 1 inch slices soft French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, eggs, 3 tbsp butter and cinnamon. Gently toss bread in mixture until coated well.
2. Spread remaining butter on a rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Add bread cubes in a single layer and bake 12 to 15 min. Use a spatula to remove baked cubes from pan and serve immediately with dipping sauce and toppings.
3. To make apricot dipping sauce, combine jam and orange juice and microwave 1 min; stir to smooth. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet