- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar. sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan (or grease a 10-inch round cake pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper). Combine raisins and bourbon in small bowl; set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves in bowl.
3. Beat granulated sugar and oil in large mixer bowl at medium speed, until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping side and bottom of bowl after each addition. At low speed, beat in dry ingredients just until combined. Drain raisins through sieve; discard bourbon. Add raisins, carrots, and pecans. At medium speed, beat 5 minutes more until batter is well blended. Pour into prepared pan; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
4. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes; remove side of pan. Cool completely. (For cake pan, run a knife around side of pan. Invert cake onto rack; remove pan and wax paper.) Transfer to serving plate.Make frosting::
5. Beat cream cheese and butter in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Spread over top of cake. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)36,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet