Yield: 4 cups Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixer bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water and let stand until softened, 5 min.
2. In a small, heavy saucepan, combine sugar and 1/4 cup water. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves; remove spoon. Brush insides of pan with a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar crystals and place a candy thermometer into mixture. Boil (do not stir) until syrup registers 235 degrees F (soft-ball stage), about 10 min. Pour into gelatin.
3. With the whisk attachment, beat mixture on high until soft peaks form, about 7 min. Add vanilla and use immediately. Makes 4 cups.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!