Ginger Pineapple Snack Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 of a pineapple, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment so that opposite edges hang over sides of pan and grease lightly. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and ginger; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 min. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the oil, lemon zest, and vanilla and continue to mix until creamy, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange the sliced pineapple on the surface, overlapping slightly and pressing gently into the batter. Bake until done in the center, 45 to 50 min. Cool completely; transport in baking pan.
- Surprise your guests with a gorgeous, easy-to-make dessert.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet