Yield: 14 cups Prep 10 mins plus cooling Bake 350°F 20 mins to 25 mins
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups uncooked oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced blanched almonds
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup dried apples, diced
- Milk, vanilla soy milk or frozen yogurt (optional)
1. Arrange oven racks in center and upper third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Line 2 jelly-roll pans with foil.
2. Heat sugar, butter and honey in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3. Meanwhile, combine oats, rice cereal, cinnamon and almonds in a large bowl.
4. Pour melted-butter mixture over oat mixture and toss to coat. Divide and spread mixture between prepared pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, rotating sheets between racks until granola is toasted.
5. Cool granola on pans, 5 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in raisins and apples and cool completely. Serve with milk, vanilla soy milk or frozen yogurt, if desired. Makes 14 (1-cup) servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Granola can be made ahead. Store at room temperature in resealable plastic storage bags up to 2 weeks.
- Servings Per Recipe 14
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!