Homesick Texan's Pepita Lime Crescents
- 1 1/2 cups pepitas, lightly toasted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Pulse pepitas in a blender or food processor until ground to the texture of course cornmeal.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 2 min. Add 1 tsp lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, flour, salt, and the ground pepitas and mix until combined. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
3. Heat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp of lime zest; set aside for dusting cookies. For each cookie, form about 1 tbsp of chilled dough into a 3-inch-long log, then bend it in the center to form a crescent. Place cookies on baking sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake until lightly browned but still slightly soft, 15 to 18 min. Cool completely on baking sheet before rolling in confectioners' sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!