Crispy Ice-Cream Bars
Yield: 24 bars Prep 40 mins Start to Finish 5 hrs
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 pints ice cream (any flavor)
1. Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with parchment, leaving parchment hanging over two edges. Mix cereal and toffee in a large bowl; set aside. Coarsely chop peanuts and coconut in a food processor, then add to bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, salt and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, combine with dry ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Press half the mixture into pan and freeze until cold, about 10 min.
3. Spread softened ice cream evenly over cereal layer and freeze until firm, about 1 hr. Remove and quickly top with remaining cereal mixture, then refreeze. Lift out of pan using parchment overhang. Cut into 1-1/2- by 3-inch bars and serve. Makes 24 bars.
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Monosaturated fat(g)2,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)1,
- vit. A(IU)389,
- vit. C(mg)2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!