Strawberry Margarita Sorbet
Here's a frozen dessert based on the cocktail. It's a delicious ending to a summer meal.
Yield: 6 cups Prep 15 mins plus freezing
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled or 1 bag (20 oz.) frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
2. Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and sugar syrup. Refrigerate until cold.
3. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. (Or pour mixture into a 13x9-inch pan and freeze until almost solid, 5 hours, stirring with a whisk every 1-1/2 hours. Refreeze.)
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet