Ina Garten's Raspberry Crumble Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 - 12 ounces raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup granola with dried fruit, such as Bear Naked Granola
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment so that opposite edges hang over sides of pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined; add the vanilla and salt. Add flour gradually, mixing until dough just comes together. Pat 2/3 of the dough evenly on the bottom and about 1/4 inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Spread dough with jam, leaving 1/4-inch border. Mix granola into the remaining dough, breaking dough into small bits; distribute crumb mixture on top of the jam. Sprinkle with almonds and bake until lightly browned, about 45 min. cool completely and lift from pan using the parchment; cut into bars.
- In our December/January issue, we printed the incorrect amount of sugar for Ina Garten's Raspberry Crumble Bars recipe. The actual amount in Garten's new book, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust, calls for 3/4 cup sugar, not 1/4 cup, and is corrected above.
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!