Baby Lamb Chops with Red and Green Sauces
Yield: 12 to 15 appetizers Prep 30 mins Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 - 15 baby lamb chops, bones frenched*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 recipe Red Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 recipe Green Sauce (recipe below)
1. Salt both sides of lamb chops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook in two batches, turning once, until chops are deep brown and cooked to medium-rare, 9 to 11 min. Serve with sauces.
- To french lamb chops, cut any excess meat from the end of each rib, scraping bone clean with the back of a knife.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine water, tomatoes, basil, vinegar, sugar, cumin, salt, garlic and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted almonds
- 4 anchovies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Combine parsley, mint, olive oil, almonds, anchovies and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.