Lemon-Herb Lamb and Vegetable Kabobs
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 - 2 1/4 pounds boneless lamb leg, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini or summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces, or yellow pattypan squash, precooked in boiling water for 3 min
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 pieces flatbread
1. Stir together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup, then combine meat with remaining mixture and marinate in fridge for 1 to 4 hrs.
2. Heat grill to medium high. Discard marinade and thread meat onto skewers; thread zucchini and tomatoes onto separate skewers and brush with reserved sauce. Grill kabobs until meat is cooked, about 10 min for medium-rare or 12 min for medium. Cook zucchini until just tender, about 10 min, and grill tomatoes until just soft and skin is cracking, 2 min.
3. Brush meat and vegetables with more of the reserved reserved sauce and serve with flatbread. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!