Mini Greek Pita Patties
- 15 mini whole-wheat pitas
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 recipe Greek Yogurt Sauce (recipe below)
- 3 lettuce leaves
1. Heat a grill pan on the stove or a grill press. Pulse together 3 mini pitas and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add parsley and pulse to chop; transfer mixture to a bowl with milk. Stir in salt, paprika, cumin and lamb (do not overmix). Roll mixture into 12 golf-ball-size patties and flatten slightly on a wax paper- lined baking sheet.
2. In a nonstick skillet, cook onions and peppers with olive oil over medium-high heat until soft and just golden, about 5 min.
3. Grill patties until cooked through, about 6 min. Assemble sandwiches on mini pitas with peppers, onions, Greek Yogurt Sauce and lettuce. Makes 4, 3-patty servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)33,
- sat. fat(g)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 3/4 cup (7 oz) Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
1. Stir together yogurt, lemon juice and mint; season with salt and pepper. Can be stored, covered, in refrigerator for up to a day.