Rib Lamb Chops with Mustard and Bread Crumb Topping
Rosemary, cumin, paprika, and cardamom make up the spicy bread crumb topper for the lamb in this dinner recipe.
- 2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 rib lamb chops (1-3/4 lbs.)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Toss together bread crumbs, rosemary, salt, and spices in a medium bowl until well combined.
2. Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring 30 seconds. Add bread crumb mixture and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set skillet aside and let cool.
3. Let lamb chops stand at room temperature 15 minutes; rinse and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degree F and arrange rack in upper third of oven. Wipe reserved skillet clean and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat. Brown chops, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side, and remove pan from heat. Spread tops of chops evenly with mustard and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture, pressing with fingers to adhere.
5. Roast lamb about 5 minutes for medium rare. Let chops stand 10 minutes before serving. Spoon any fallen crumbs in pan onto chops. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Fat, total(g)57,
- sat. fat(g)21,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet