Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Kahlua or coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut up (no substitutes)
- 6 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Line the outside of the pan with foil.
2. Beat eggs and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium-high speed 8 to 10 minutes, until thick. Reduce speed to medium; beat in liqueur and butter until blended. (Batter will look curdled, which is okay.) Reduce speed to low; beat in chocolate and vanilla until well combined. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 minutes, just until set.
3. Let stand on a wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet