Ginger-Coconut Carrot Cake
Think you like carrot cake? After you taste this triple layer frosted dessert, made with toasted coconut, you'll absolutely love it!
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, plus more for pans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sweetened coconut
- Large coconut shavings, toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment. Grease and sprinkle with granulated sugar; tap out excess. Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Beat eggs and granulated sugar until light. Add ginger and oil. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in grated carrots, pecans and sweetened coconut.
3. Divide batter among pans and bake for 25 to 30 min or until cakes spring back when touched in the center. Cool 15 min. Turn cakes out of pans and cool completely, top sides up.For frosting::
4. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla and beat just until combined and smooth.
5. Assemble cakes on platter, spreading the center of each cake with a generous layer of frosting. Garnish with coconut shavings. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)46,
- sat. fat(g)18,
- Monosaturated fat(g)10,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)14,
- vit. A(IU)5102,
- vit. C(mg)2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet