Perfect Yellow Cake
Yield: one 9-by-13 inch cake Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 10 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch pan and line bottom with parchment. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy, 2 min. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated. Add vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately in three stages, beginning and ending with flour. Smooth batter into pan and bake until cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 45 to 48 min. Cool in pan for 15 min. Makes one 9-by-13 inch cake.
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Monosaturated fat(g)5,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)1,
- vit. A(IU)534,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!