Balsamic Pork Chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (1-1/2 lbs.)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat just until smoking. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Transfer to platter; cover loosely with foil and keep warm.
2. Add shallots to pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth, vinegar, and thyme; cook, stirring, over high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Pour over chops. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet