Grilled Five-Spice Steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 pounds beef top round steak, 1-1/2 inches thick
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in shallow dish.
2. Add meat to Marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. One hour before grilling, remove steak from refrigerator. Heat grill. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak over medium* heat 12 to 15 minutes per side for medium rare (145 degrees F). Let stand 10 minutes. Slice very thin across the grain.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 10
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet