Grilled Steak Fajita
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 4 (10 inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup prepared salsa
1. Heat grill. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic. Cook,stirring occasionally, until softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano and cinnamon in cup. Sprinkle on steak. Grill steak over medium* heat 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare (145 degree F).
3. Microwave tortillas in dampened paper towels on 100 percent power (High) 30 to 50 seconds. Slice meat. Divide meat in center of each tortilla; top with vegetables. Roll up. Serve with salsa and rice. Makes 4 servings.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!