Yield: 8 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 32 mins
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 14 1/2ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 14 - 16 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups (4 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sour cream, for garnish
1. Cook ground beef in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned, 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up meat with back of wooden spoon. Transfer beef to a plate with slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil, carrots, onions, celery, and garlic; cook until tender-crisp, 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and beef, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Just before serving, stir noodles and parsley into soup and heat through. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!